11 Jan Advanced HR 2.0 – Adding a New Hire Manually
Posted at 11:13h in Advanced HR, Training
Administrators can add a new hire manually by following these steps. This is a two-step process: Create a new hire (make them an employee of a company), and add them as a user to the system. Both steps can be done together or separately:
- Navigate to HR Admin – Employee Actions – Add New Hire.
- The system displays Step 1 – Type of Hire section of the Add New Hire wizard.
- Select the Company if not already selected.
- Optionally, enter a Tax Form.
- The system defaults the Hire Date to today; you can change it.
- Select a Position. You can add one ‘on the fly’ by clicking the blue + plus icon.
- The system will assign the next available Employee ID.
- Click the Let’s Begin New Hire button.
- The system displays Step 2 of the Add New Hire wizard. Complete the New Hire’s information in each section:
- Profile information (name, address, SSN)
- Classification (gender, ethnicity, education)
- Compensation (pay type, frequency, rate)
- Payroll and Benefits information
- Taxes (Federal and State Tax)
- Employment info (position, status, reports to)
- Emergency Contact info
- User section (Quick Add User): You can use this section to quickly add a user and assign them a role for access to the system, or you can add them as a user as a separate action later (see following task #3).
- When all the new hire info is complete, click the Submit New Hire button.
- The system takes you to the Employee Summary dashboard. The new hire is an employee and ready to go.
- If you used the Quick Add User button, you may want to go to the HR Admin – Company – User screen later to add any additional information about the user.
As always, we are here to walk you through this or any other process you need help with. You can reach out to us toll free at (866) 757-8111 Monday-Thursday from 8:00AM-5:00PM and Fridays 8:00AM-4:30PM Central Standard Time.