07 Jun Advanced HR 2.0 – Approving an Employee’s W-4 Form Change Request
Advanced HR 2.0 provides the ability for employees to make changes to their W-4 Form (Employee’s Withholding Allowance Certificate). Once complete, the system will send the employee’s W-4 Form change request to the designated Manager/Admin for approval. Once the request has been approved by the Manager/Admin, the new information will then flow to payroll.
You can also set up Notifications that the system will send to additional designated individuals when certain W-4 Form change events occur. After approving the employee’s request, the Status on the W-4 screen changes to Approved.
1. After the employee submits a W-4 form change request, the appropriate Manager/Admin will:
- Receive an email notification of the pending W-4 Form change request.
- Also receive notice that there is a pending W-4 request on their company Dashboard, in the Employee W-4s (Pending) section on the right side of the Dashboard.
2. The Manager/Admin either clicks on the link in the email notification, or, they can quickly approve the employee’s request by clicking on the Open/Approve icon on their Dashboard.
3. The system displays the W-4 screen (HR Admin – Employee Maintenance – W-4).
4. Click on the row with a W-4 Status of Pending to display the details of the employee’s change request.
5. Review the information and, if applicable, in the W-4 Approval section at the bottom of the screen, click the Approve W-4 Application button.
Or, to reject the employee’s W-4 Form change request, click on the Reject W-4 Application button.
As always, we are here to walk you through this or any other process you need help with. You can reach out to us toll free at (866) 757-8111 Monday-Thursday from 8:00AM-5:00PM and Fridays 8:00AM-4:30PM Central Standard Time.