29 Mar Entering Direct Deposits in Evolution Payroll System
This article provides step-by-step instructions for entering a direct deposit for employees in our Evolution Classic and/or Evolution Payroll systems.
Entering a direct deposit in Evolution Classic (desktop version):
- On the left-hand side of the screen, click on the Employee button
- A list will pull up. Go down to Scheduled E/Ds and click once
- A list of employee names will populate. Find the employee you need and double click on their name
- Near the top of the screen, a set of tabs will pop up. Click once on the Direct Deposits tab
- Under the Direct Deposit Detail box, enter the routing, or ABA Number and Bank Account Number.
- Choose the correct Account Type that the employee wants the direct deposit to go into (checking, savings or money market).
- Select the No radial under the In Prenote section
- Once the direct deposit numbers have been added, click the Green Plus button at the very top of the page. Clicking this button will take you to the Details tab
- Under the Earning/Deduction Code box, choose D01 for the E/D Code
- On the third column to the right, under the Destination Details box, click on the field that says EE Direct Deposit. A drop-down menu will pull up with the direct deposit information that was just entered. Choose the correct direct deposit account and click on the green save (checkmark) button at the top
- After you click on the green save button, click on the green coins with the plus sign. This button will permanently save all changes made. It is very important that both the green save button and the green button with the coins and plus sign are both clicked
- After you save, the direct deposit account for the employee will now pull into the payroll
Entering a Direct Deposit in Evolution Payroll (online version):
- Sign into Evolution Payroll through the www.payrollpartners.com website
- Click on the purple Employees tile on the left side of the screen
- This will open up a list of employees in the middle of the page. Find the employee you need and double click on their name
- This will open up a list of purple buttons on the left. Click on the Direct Deposit button
- Click on the Add button right above the horizontal purple line
- A new row will appear that will let you populate the ABA number in the first column. Tab over to the second column to add the Bank Account
- The Account Type and In Prenote settings will automatically default to Checking and No. If the direct deposit needs to go to savings or money market, then click on the Account Type field and change to the correct type
- After this, click the save button. It will be on the left side, right above the purple buttons, and it will look like a floppy disk
- Once this direct deposit information has been saved, go back to the column of purple buttons and click on Scheduled E/Ds
- Click on the Add button above the purple line. A page will pop up under the purple line
- In the Basic tab, under Code, select D01
- Select Direct Deposit under the Send To
- Doing this will generate a new box underneath this box. Click on the arrow down and select the correct account number
- Save the changes by clicking on the floppy disk again. Now the direct deposit for the employee will pull into the payroll
As always, we are here to walk you through this or any other process that you need help with. You can reach out to us toll free at (866) 757-8111 Monday-Thursday from 8:00AM-5:00PM and Fridays 8:00AM-4:30PM Central Standard Time.
April Reeves, Social Media Editor