08 Mar Submitting Employee Hours via TimeWorks and/or TimeWorks Plus
Please refer to these instructions if you’re an existing Payroll Partners client that uses our timekeeping system to submit hours to your payroll processor.
For those clients that enjoy personalized customer service and enlist the help of our Payroll Processors to process payroll for them, we at Payroll Partners require our clients’ review and approval of employee hours worked prior to processing their payroll. We use the Summary Report within TimeWorks and/or TimeWorks Plus to accomplish this goal.
There are three ways to save and email a summary report to your payroll processor. The most common is to save the summary report as a PDF file.
1. To start the process, sign into your TimeWorks account and run a summary report for the last finalized payroll by doing the following:
- Click on Reports Menu on the left hand side of your screen
- Select Summary Report from the drop down menu
- Click on the proper pay period, report, employees, data fields, filter and sort options that your Payroll Processor requires
- Click Submit
- A payroll summary reports appears on your screen with an option to print or export to CSV format. Click on Print
- If you have Adobe PDF, Foxit, or a different type of PDF creator, use this application to save the file
- Attach the saved copy into an email and send it to your Payroll Processor for processing
2. An alternate approach to submit your employee hours is to use Microsoft Word, or any other document creator you may have.
- Following the first step above, sign into your TimeWorks account and produce a summary report.
- When the summary report is finished, click CTRL + A to highlight the entire summary report from top to bottom. Do not forget to include the list of hourly totals at the bottom.
- After you have highlighted all of the information, go to your keyboard and click CTRL + C to copy the report.
- Open up a new Microsoft Word Document and click CTRL + V on your keyboard to paste your information onto the document.
- Lastly, save the Word Document, name it, and attach it in an email to send to your Payroll Processor.
3. A third option to submit your employee hours is to print the summary report you create from step #1 at the top, sign, scan and either email or fax to your Payroll Processor.
As always, we are here to walk you through this or any other process that you need help with. You can reach out to us toll free at (866) 757-8111 Monday-Thursday from 8:00AM-5:00PM and Fridays 8:00AM-4:30PM Central Standard Time.
April Reeves, Social Media Editor