02 Nov Timekeeping Login Maintenance and Supervisor Setup
Login Maintenance creates and configures an account’s supervisor and client level logins. It is located under the Maintenance Menu in TimeWorksPlus. The page lists all managerial logins for the account and by clicking on an individual login, you can:
- determine the visible employees for a supervisor
- set the permissions for a supervisor (i.e. edit time cards, see wages, add employees)
- enable time off request emails by adding an email to the login
- delete a supervisor or client from the account
- change a supervisor or clients password
- change a supervisor or clients information, including login
You can also add a new client or supervisor login by clicking Add New Login
Add a new login in Login Maintenance
Adding Supervisor / Client Login
Creating a new manager login. Note the Client/Supervisor radio button at the top.
- Click + Add New Login at the top of the page
- Select Supervisor or Client from the radio button option.
- Fill in the New Login and Password information. Passwords must be 8 characters in length and contain 2 character types (i.e. letter and number).
- Fill in the First Name, Last Name, Phone and Email information. These fields are optional at this point in the process, they can be edited or added after setting up the account or entered by the user themselves.
- Click Save. If you receive a popup explaining that the login name has already been taken, try adding a number or your companies initials to the login name.
Configuring Supervisor Logins
After saving the username and password, a configuration screen will open up where the supervisor’s views and permissions can be set.
Supervisor Account Employee Visibility is a section that designates which employees the supervisor will see within the system. Use the radio buttons in this section to filter employees by one of the following methods:
- All active employees
- All employees including inactive – Current employees and employees past their separation date.
- Specific employees – A checklist of employees will appear where you can handpick the employees the supervisor will view. If you have a large employee list, a dropdown will appear which can filter the list by your Employee Groups.
- All employees in group(s) – If you have created any Employee Groups, you can select a group for the supervisor’s visibility. Only one group can be assigned to a supervisor.
- Select by criteria – This method bases the visible employees on data from Employee Setup. You determine the criteria (such as a department or location) and the system will evaluate the employees and set the visibility. For instance:
Configuring a Supervisor to only see employees in the Operations Department
For each active employee, include if Supervisor = Tom Reed will only allow the supervisor to view current employees who have “Tom Reed” entered in the Supervisor field of Employee Setup.
You can click “Advanced” to use multiple levels of criteria. To learn more on how that works, click the Advanced Custom Selection Help link.
Alternate Employees visible to this login is used to let the supervisor view the time cards of employees that may not meet the above visibility settings but have entered a labor code or clock prompt value that this supervisor needs to see.
Configuring a supervisor to view employees that clock into the Downtown location clock prompt
Of the employees this supervisor can see, for which employees is this supervisor allowed to approve time cards? applies if you are using the Time Card Approvals. If you would like the supervisor to be able to approve all timecards for their visible employees, select All active employees. However, if you want to create a subset of employees for which the supervisor has rights to “approve”, configure the filter accordingly.
By selecting All Active Employees in this section, the supervisor will be able to
approve time cards for all their visible employees.
Once you have finished configuring the employee visibility , click Update Employee Visibility Settings button to save the visibility settings.
Selecting the features a supervisor can use
Supervisor Account Permissions selects which features the supervisor can use.
- Can See Wages will show pay rates and wage data (if enabled) for the supervisors selected employees.
- Can Edit Punches allows them to alter their employee time cards and, if used, edit their schedules.
- Can Access Employee Setup will give the supervisor the ability to add new employees or change existing employee information. If unchecked, the supervisor will not be able to view Employee Setup.
- Can Edit/Delete Unmatched Punches will allow the supervisor to use the Unmatched Punch feature. These are punches recorded at the clock which cannot be associated with any employee in the timekeeping system. This generally applies only to system’s using wall mounted clocks.
Click Update Permissions to save the settings.
When an employee requests time off, an e-mail can be sent to their supervisor. In order for this to happen automatically, two things need to happen.
The Supervisor field in Employee Setup must contain the name of the supervisor for Time Off Request Emails to be sent.
- The recipient (supervisor) of the time off request e-mail must be either a Client or Supervisor level user of the timekeeping system with an e-mail address.
- The employee must have the First and Last name of their supervisor entered in their Supervisor field in Employee Setup. This must match exactly (including case) as the supervisor’s name appears in Login Maintenance.
As always, we are here to walk you through this or any other process that you need help with. You can reach out to us toll free at (866) 757-8111 Monday-Thursday from 8:00AM-5:00PM and Fridays 8:00AM-4:30PM Central Standard Time.